Friday, September 3, 2010

The Appointment!

July 16



After one failed attempt, I received my offer for a placement in the Peace Corp today. This is a process that began over a year ago, resulting in a nomination in August of 2009, and the appointment July 12, 2010.



Originally nominated for a Business Development spot in the Pacific Islands, the appointment was for a place in the same field , but in eastern Europe. It seems my glaucoma prevented me from the spot in what turned out to be Vanuatu. Had I decided to appeal the medical decision, I may have missed this round of appointments entirely and would have to begin another long waiting period. I am very satisfied with the European position and was thrilled to accept. My destination country is Macedonia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment