Friday, September 3, 2010

A lot "to do"

July 30



Two of the biggest objectives are completed with 6 weeks to go before departure. The car is sold and the condo is leased! I agreed to sell the car to a good friend and she will pay me, interest free, while I am away. She is getting a great car and a good deal and I got a fair price and a lot of relief.

After considering the sale of my place for a couple of weeks, I decided to accept the rental offer of a young Boston man instead. He will sign up for one year and hopefully stay longer. He has a 12 year old son and his parents, who will help him with child care, live here in Rockland.

While I still have a long list of things both to do and to acquire, these were two big ones and am happy to have them completed.



Today, I finished the last of the forms, mailings, etc. that I needed to send to the PC ahead of time. My new passport will be waiting for me at staging in six weeks.



I also purchased a new laptop today. Hopefully this new one will last longer than the one I am currently using.

I still want to get a small camera and I also need some clothing and other assorted items for the trip. That can wait for a few weeks however. My focus now needs to be on packing up all the "stuff" that I never use in advance and eliminating a lot of last minute rushing to get out of here. I have the boxes, the tape and the markers and just need the motivation!



I also need to start a disciplined study of the language. This is my biggest concern now and I hope that I am able to handle the challenge. The macedonian alphabet is very different both in appearance and pronunciation. I have a new respect already for the people who come to this country and learn English!

No comments:

Post a Comment