Friday, September 3, 2010

Three to go

August 19



Well it is now mid August and things are progressing on schedule. Three weeks till departure. I am due in Philly on the 10th of September and we depart for Macedonia on the 11th from NYC. The flight is scheduled to depart at 6PM and arrive in country on the 12th at just after noon time. One stop in Vienna.



As preparation continues, I offered the renter of my condo a reduction in the rent if i could use my garage here for storage. He accepted and now my "move" just got a whole lot simpler. I am counting on a nephew taking the big TV i offered to anyone who would take it and my niece has indicated she wants the piano. Shedding those two items and the other things that I plan to junk should allow all my remaining belongings to fit in the garage....even my bike!



Today, packing a few boxes with things I will need later on and bringing them to my son's place in CT. this weekend. He will ship them to Macedonia when I need them. I am going to spend two days with my two grandsons and my granddaughter. Derek is bringing the boys down from PA and we are meeting at Will's place. It will be a long time before seeing the kids again so I look forward to it. I promised the three of them a trip to the local toy store and that could be a costly one! Lucy will not be coming down with her dad and I will need to make an extra effort to get to know her when I return.



The plan now is to begin daily sessions with the language next week. Still the only part of this whole thing that gives me any pause!

No comments:

Post a Comment